Summer Workouts to begin June 15
Great news Vikings! Summer workouts for the 2020 Football season will begin Monday, June 15, with the first group coming in at 9:00 AM. We will have to follow some strict guidelines. Groups will be brought in every 15 minutes. Any student that would like to participate must have a physical on file in the athletic office. (Athletes that participated in a sport during the 2019-2020 school year should have a physical on file and can begin workouts). Thursday June 18, physicals will be offered at Greenwood High School from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM. The cost is $25.00. You may pay with either cash or check. (Checks need to be made out to Self Regional).
Procedures to be followed during Phase One of the workouts
- Each athlete will be assigned a specific time to arrive at the school. When you arrive on campus, stay in your vehicle and a coach will come to your vehicle and get you. Upon exiting your vehicle, each athlete MUST have on a face mask and bring a bottle of water. (If you do not have a face mask or a bottle of water, one will be provided for you). Then, the coach will take you to the check- in station.
- At the check in station our Athletic Trainer (Kayla) will take each athlete’s temperature and Coach DuBose will ask each player the five personal questions dealing with Covid 19. Any athlete that has a temperature above 100.4 and/or answers yes to any of the five Covid 19 questions will not be allowed to participate in the workout.
- All athletes must adhere to the social distancing guidelines the entire time they are on campus. This means we will be six feet apart while checking in and transitioning to our workout stations. We will be 12 feet apart while being active. Coaches will wear masks the entire time of our workouts. Athletes will be instructed as to when they can remove their masks by their coaches to begin their workouts. Upon completion of the workouts, all athletes will be instructed to place their masks back on their face, so they can transition to the parking lot and exit the campus.
- The workouts will last between 30 – 45 minutes, so please make sure your travel arrangements are made in advance. We have to stick to a strict schedule!
- Any athlete that is waiting on a ride must adhere to the social distancing guidelines stated above and will be supervised by a coach.
Phase 1 Workout Groups
9:00 Group #1 Coach Kinard and Coach Baker Cam Gordon, Jaquis Calhoun, Robby Harrison, JP Perkins, Ty Bennett, Osric Irvin, KJ Morton, Davis Wilson
9:15 Group #2 Coach Elmore and Coach Scruggs Jaylyn Foster, Z. Elmore, Armani Hackett, Damarius Morton, Daryl Chamberlain, Ean Ryans, Eberkus Tolen
9:30 Group #3 Coach McMahon and Coach Sargent Eric Stevens, John Deal, Jaheim McDaniels, Tyson Parker, James Smith, Devin McCombs, Graham Mathews, Kendarius Hackett
9:45 Group #4 Coach DuBose and Coach Childress Nick Tribble, DK Sauls, Cole Ison, Chris Smith, Caleb McGauflin, Cam Shultz, Braxton Hill
10:00 Group #5 Coach Neal and Coach Wright Kareem Goode, Nate Parks, JT Turner, Billy Pruitt, Bradley Jones, Zach Norman, NaTravion Thomas, George Coremeny
10:15 Group #6 Coach Gilchrist and Coach Scruggs Zion Williams, Elijah Hankenson, Elijah Bearden, Christopher Reid, Quad McKee
10:30 Group #7 Coach Norman and Coach Cockrell Talib Calhoun, Isias Smith, Landarius Carter, Jeremiah Morton, Romelo Corona, Andrew Jordan, Tyler Brooks Brown
10:45 Group #8 Coach Baker and Coach Kinard 10th -12th Grade Not Listed Above
11:00 Group #9 Coach Wright and Coach Neal Rising 9th Graders
11:15 Group 10 Coach Childress and Coach McMahon Rising 9th Graders