MARK DUNFORD – Cross Country, Track & Field
- What are your plans for 2020-21? My current plan is to attend the University of South Carolina as a student of nursing.
- What is your favorite memory from your time as an Emerald athlete? My favorite memory as an EHS athlete is accumulating 7 PRs in one season of Cross Country.
- What is your advice for the teammates who will play on your team next season? Practice days can be really good or really bad, it’s kind of a toss-up, but when competition days come around and you have the right mindset, you can run faster than you ever knew you could.
- Will you be competing in college? As of right now I don’t have any plans to compete with a team, but I’m going to continue my training independently to become a marathon athlete.
- Is there anyone you would like to thank from your time at Emerald? Athletically, I’d like to thank Coach Payne and Coach Schwendemann for being great trainers who both helped me in their own way. Academically, I’d like to thank Ms. Richey, for being a friend and confidante who made my life as an Emerald student so much better and expanded my intellectual horizons.
Coach David Payne on Mark: Mark was a welcome addition to our group this season. Mark brought a maturity to our team that made it hard to believe that it was his first season competing as a runner. Mark’s main goal was to improve his performances each week, and he accomplished his goal. Most athletes are lucky to run 1-2 personal bests in a season, but Mark ran a personal best seven times during the 2019 cross country season. Well done Mark!