The boys golf team will travel to Pawleys Island to compete at the AAA State Finals on Monday. The event will be hosted by Waccamaw High School at the True Blue Golf Club. Seniors Cal Brock, Langton Holmes, and Cade Kagley answered a series of questions heading to the State Tournament.
- What are your goals for Saturday? My goals are just to play the best I can and hit a lot of greens in regulation. If I can do that, I have a good chance to perform well.
- What are your pre-match routines? Starbucks iced coffee, hit range balls for about 30 minutes, putt for 15 minutes
- Describe (Cade and Langton) in 5 words or less: Tremendous assets to the team!
- What are your goals for Saturday? My goals for Saturday is too relax as much as possible and get my mind set on the tournament.
- What are your pre-match routines? My pre-match routine includes playing a practice round a day before the tournament and see where I need to hit the ball and where the trouble is. I spend no more than about 45 min on the practice range and I spend a lot of time putting and getting use to the greens.
- Describe (Cal and Cade) in 5 words or less: Cal and Cade are very dedicated and passionate about the game of golf.
- How would you like your time at EHS to be remembered? I would like my time at EHS to be remembered as a start that had no ending, a legacy. I myself would like to be remembered as the person that has worked hard for what they’ve got and the success has not been handed to them.
- What are your goals for Saturday? My goals for the tournament next week are to go out and shoot a couple good scores and if I play to my full ability hopefully make all state and push the team towards a good finish.
- What are your pre-match routines? My routine is pretty simple hit a few shots to get loose and roll a couple putts I try not to take it too serious to help with the nerves.
- Describe (Cal and Langton) in 5 words or less: Langton is quiet yet interesting. Cal is driven and talented.
- How would you like your time at EHS to be remembered? I would like to be remembered here as someone who was well rounded, and someone who was liked and respected by the people I came in contact with.