The Lady Wildcats of Seneca (18-7) will travel to Emerald tonight to face your very own Lady Vikings (19-1) in the third round of the AAA Basketball Playoffs. The average margin of victory from the first 12 games of the playoffs has been a whopping 28 points. Tonight’s game is predicted to be a much more even match-up between two region champion teams. They met earlier this year in a pre-season tournament with Emerald winning 55-52. Keep reading to see junior forward Nadiyah Morton’s thoughts about tonight’s game and view the tale of the tape between Seneca and Emerald.
- What is your favorite moment from this season? Going into the first round of playoffs.
- What are the strengths of your team? We are bigger than most teams we play. We have some good ball handlers, and very strong post players.
- How do you contribute to your team’s success? I contribute to my team’s success by rebounding. My rebound numbers are very high.
- Where can your team improve heading into Monday night? We need to have less turnovers.
- What are the keys to winning on Monday night? The key to winning Monday night’s game is getting the ball out of the net and pushing it. We must push the ball fast so that the other team doesn’t have time to press us and play good defense.
Tale of the Tape
|Points For per Game||59||57|
|Points Against per Game||35||45|
|Win Streak||19 games||6 games|
|W 55-52||L 52-55|
vs West Oak
|W 69-43||W 68-46