Anna Grace Brock had a banner year as a member of the Girls’ Golf Team. Individually, she set a school record for 9 holes (3 under par) and 18 holes (1 under par). She finished the season with a 2nd place finish at the Upper State Tournament and a 5th place finish at the State Tournament (all-state). Her strong individual performances anchored strong team finishes at the Upper State (3rd) and State (6th) Tournaments.
She was recently voted the Fall Athlete of the Year at EmeraldAthletics.com. She answers the following questions about her 2016 campaign below:
- What was your favorite memory from this golf season? Being invited to play in the Palmetto Preview tournament to represent the whole team and shooting 1 under.
- What personal traits make you a good golfer? I am extremely competitive. When I tee it up, I am planning on winning and breaking a school record or my own personal record.
- What is the best part of your game? I am very confident of the tee with my driver, but my short game has come around so well this past year that I would say it’s a close tie between my driver and my wedges.
- How did you feel about your performance at the State Tournament? My performance at state was OK but I know it could have been a lot better. The first day I played better than the second day. I hit the ball pretty well but I could not get my putter hot. I was still pleased to finish better than last year and set another school record for EHS with the best state scores for both days.
- Describe your team in 5 words or less. Improving
- What are your goals for next season? I play golf year round, but as far as next girls season, I plan on bringing home the state championship for Emerald.