Dreke Jones started the year as the quarterback for the varsity football team. Now he spends his time catching passes from Luke Deal. He has helped his team in both roles. His unselfish and team-first attitude made the transition from quarterback to wide receiver an easy one. Coach Wright (offensive co-ordinator) offers more insight on Dreke’s character below:
- Describe Dreke in 5 words or less. athletic, calm, adaptable, likable
- What makes Dreke a good football player? He is very athletic and very coachable.
- How did Dreke handle moving from quarterback to wide receiver? He wanted to do whatever was best for the team to help the team be successful.
- How does Dreke provide leadership to the team? By his actions! He is not very vocal but leads by example.
Dreke and the rest of his teammates hope to secure a victory tonight at Southside High School. A win tonight will assist them in their quest to reach the playoffs. Dreke responds to our questions about his time playing football at Emerald below:
- How long have you been playing football? 11 years
- What is the toughest part of playing football? Remembering all the plays and your role
- You have played quarterback, and wide receiver. What are the pros and cons of each position? As quarterback, you are the leader of the team but everything can be blamed on you when things go wrong. As a wide receiver, you must be able to catch but you also have to block as much as the offensive lineman.
- What are your goals for the rest of the season? Try reach the playoffs
- What makes you a good football player? Going hard every play
- What is your favorite football memory? My first touchdown for the civic center at running back
- How would you like to be remembered as an Emerald Football player? Winning a state championship