On October 14, Chrissy Anderson was crowned Homecoming Queen. This announcement was not a surprise as she is a polite, caring, and engaging personality on our campus. These traits make her an excellent co-captain of the Varsity Football Cheerleading Squad. CLICK HERE for photos of the entire Homecoming Court.
Chrissy is not the only student athlete from the Anderson clan. Her brothers, Denzel (cross country) and Jordan (track & field), are also Emerald graduates. Throw in Mom and Dad, and you have a group of individuals who are very proud of Chrissy’s accomplishments inside and outside of the classroom.
Chrissy recently answered a series of questions about cheerleading and Homecoming.
- How long have you been a cheerleader? I have been a cheerleader for 5 years.
- What is the toughest part about being a cheerleader? The toughest part about being a cheerleader is being a captain. You have a lot of responsibility placed on your shoulders and the whole team looks to you for leadership.
- What is the best part of being a cheerleader? The best part about being a cheerleader is learning new and incredible stunts. I love watching the crowd’s reaction and hearing their “oohs” and “aahs” when we execute the stunts perfectly.
- What characteristics make you a good cheerleader? I believe being a team player and having and keeping a positive attitude makes me a good cheerleader.
- How would you like your time as an EHS cheerleader to be remembered? That I contributed to a team that worked hard and, win or lose, cheered our team on as though they won the game.
- What were the first thoughts you had when you were announced as the homecoming queen? I was shocked and ecstatic and thanking God for allowing me to have that opportunity.
- What was your father’s reaction to the announcement? He was overjoyed that his “baby girl” won Homecoming Queen. He said “good job Chris!” like he always does.
- How has this honor (being the homecoming queen) changed you? It has made me so humble and appreciative. It makes me want to strive further for success at Emerald knowing that I have the support of the school behind me.
- Additionally, I would love to thank Myles Williams, my football sponsor, and my family for the amazing support and love they gave me throughout the weeks.