Anna Kathryn Parramore is a leader on the Girls’ Golf team in more ways than one. Her attention to detail, competitiveness, and calm resolve have made her a golfer that her teammates look up to. She is also one of the top scorers on the team at every match. Her game is so good that she played for the Boys’ Golf team last Spring.
In her most recent match, Anna Kathryn shot a 74 (4th place overall) at the Upper State Qualifier on Monday. She and her teammates will compete at the State Championships next Monday and Tuesday. In the meantime, she answered our questions about her time as a member of the EHS Golf team.
- How long have you been playing golf? 7 years
- Do you have any pre-match routines? Before a match I hit some balls, roll some putts, and try to relax with my teammates.
- What makes you a good golfer? My love for competition has helped me become a good player.
- What is the best facet of your game and why? My accuracy from the fairways is probably the best part of my game. It’s probably where most of my birdies have come from.
- What was it like playing boys’ golf last year? It was tough because I had to get used to played longer yardages but ultimately I believe it improved my game a lot.
- What is your favorite EHS golf memory? My favorite memory from EHS Golf was when our coach told us we qualified for state my junior year after thinking the team had not made it.
- Which professional golfer do you try to emulate? Michelle Wie
- Where do you plan to attend college? Will you play golf there? I will play golf at Erskine College next year.
- How would you like your time as an EHS Golfer to be remembered? I would like my time playing at Emerald to be remembered by all the improvements our team made during that time, the records we broke, and scoring average we improved.